Unable to view wireless Networks

Thread: Unable to view wireless Networks

Unable to view wireless Networks

Hi,

Im using an asus p5k-e motherboard with wifi. I've never had an issue with it until i just swapped graphics cards.

Now I am unable to view any networks (usually 4 in my area) , i reset my router too, and to know help.

I've tried using both the asus software and windows xp software, but no help. I uninstalled the asus driver from and even reinstalled it.

Any ideas? I know the internet is working here, because i'm on my laptop!

Lightbulb Seem like a Wireless Zero Configuration issue!

Hello Igotaprestent4u,

Quote Originally Posted by igotaprestent4u
    Hi,

"Now I am unable to view any networks (usually 4 in my area) , i reset my router too, and to know help.

I've tried using both the asus software and windows xp software, but no help. I uninstalled the asus driver from and even reinstalled it.

Any ideas? I know the internet is working here, because i'm on my laptop!"
    There was a similar issue in a previous post. This sound like a case of your Wireless Zero Configuration has been changed.
    If you are using WinXP try this; it can be a quick solution.

Here’s how: From Start <Rt Click> My Computer <Click> Manage, open Services and Applications, <Open> Services, <Scroll down to> WZC; Check to see if it has stopped. (Just restart it)

WZC is not on my list unfortunately!

could it be under another name or do i need to add that??

For whats its worth the window for the networks is saying "wireless network connection 3"

WZC is not on my list unfortunately!

could it be under another name or do i need to add that??

For whats its worth the window for the networks is saying "wireless network connection 3"
    This is serious, it must be there! and it would not appear as any other name. Is there a (red x) on the NIC under "My Computer > Device Manager?"

I'm sorry, you did share with us the O/S (WinXP) you are using. Please be a bit more descriptive as to what happened before, and during the change.

Quote Originally Posted by marlehole
    This is serious, it must be there! and it would not appear as any other name. Is there a (red x) on the NIC under "My Computer > Device Manager?"

I'm sorry, you did share with us the O/S (WinXP) you are using. Please be a bit more descriptive as to what happened before, and during the change.
    There is no WCZ on my laptop either.

When i go into my computer, device manager, and click network adapters i get

1394 net adapter
    marvel yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
    Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54mps USB network adapter.

My wirless isnt usb? could that be it, its built in with my motherboard.

And I am on windows xp, i've never had an issue before, i literally just swapped graphics cards, and now this!

one other thing, when i shut down my computer it says "WMS idle" and have to click now everytime i shut down, that also happened.

Exclamation You have introduced another issue!

There is no WCZ on my laptop either.

When i go into my computer, device manager, and click network adapters i get

1394 net adapter
    marvel yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
    Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54mps USB network adapter.

My wirless isnt usb? could that be it, its built in with my motherboard.

And I am on windows xp, i've never had an issue before, i literally just swapped graphics cards, and now this!

one other thing, when i shut down my computer it says "WMS idle" and have to click now everytime i shut down, that also happened.
    STOP! STOP! You have not done the steps as yet I suggested in my first post (#2); If you did those steps, that's where you scroll down to find the Wireless Zero Configuration service. (WZC is a Service, not a network!).

After that, there is a link that traces the "WMS idle" to the Nero 7 software; Here: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/80957.htm is the address. I hope these steps help. Please address these issues in isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by marlehole
    STOP! STOP! You have not done the steps as yet I suggested in my first post (#2); If you did those steps, that's where you scroll down to find the Wireless Zero Configuration service. (WZC is a Service, not a network!).

After that, there is a link that traces the "WMS idle" to the Nero 7 software; Here: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/80957.htm is the address. I hope these steps help. Please address these issues in isolation.
    ahh ok, i didnt was looking for exactly WCZ, i see the wireless zero config, restarted it.

I left town but now i am at least able to see the wireless here! i'll definitely try it out when i get home. Thanks for the help!

alright, well i am back home and still no internet!!!! My computer was able to find the wireless network at another house (different city), but when i bring it home it cant find any. My laptop is currently detecting 5 networks.

I reset the WCZ multiple times and still no help, what else can i do?!?!?,

alright, well i am back home and still no internet!!!! My computer was able to find the wireless network at another house (different city), but when i bring it home it cant find any. My laptop is currently detecting 5 networks.

I reset the WCZ multiple times and still no help, what else can i do?!?!?,
    Ok! focus on the positive, what I've underlined and bold. You did not mention if one of those 5 networks is yours! (very important, you think!). We know it is your network. (Period). Please do this, it's NOT rocket science.

Here are the steps: Check to see what network you're in. If you don't know, here's how screen shots: http://www.pcguidebook.com/homenetwork.asp