Looking for most secure router

Thread: Looking for most secure router

Looking for most secure router

hi, I`am building a home wired and wireless network and i was wondering if anyone new what the most secure router their is...my goal is security not range....looking for the best secure router out their.....

That is a really vague question. I am not even sure how to answer it. Are you concerned about wireless security, Internet security or both? What are your actual concerns? Please be detailed.

One good approach it to publish what you would like to do and then we can work with that. Otherwise it is just a huge guessing game.

I want to setup a wireless network for home....i want 2pcs hookup wired and 2 upstairs wireless....and i want to beable to take my laptop outside and from room to room and beable to surf wirelessly....was looking for a router that has the best security features....like sp1,nat..so on....for both wired and wireless....i know wireless or think at least wireless is as only secure as the encryption they have out their...wpa2.....with mac filtering...if their is more security than that iam not aware of it...which brought me to my question.....you see alot of routers now a days and its hard to pick one....i know for range netgear would most likely beat all....but iam moreless looking at security features....one that would be hard for a hacker to penetrate...viruses...spyware.....hope i gave you more information than before....thanks.....

Most wireless devices that you purchase now will have the most secure encryption available. So that should not be an issue. I am not sure why you feel NetGear has the most range as that is very dependent on your specific situation.

You also have to be concerned about Internet issues, actually I am more concerned about that than any wireless issue.

I typically tell clients to use a very high quality wired router and firewall combination. Then run access points instead of wireless routers, as they have more features and do not have to be located where the Internet access into the facility is.

Never thought about that,,,awesome...do you have any specific router/firewall that you recommend along with access points.....thanks....

hi, was looking for something hardware based,,,not software...though i did check out the site....if anyone could give me help on a good hardware based router with firewall and compatiable access points to go with it....I would be very grateful....If i understood the website i thought it was software based....wanted something hardware for if machine gets infected...i need to install everything over.....but it was a good suggestion....so looking for a hardware base router/firewall and access points to go with it....thanks for anyones help....

My Favorite...

ZyXEL X-550
    http://us.zyxel.com/web/product_fami...No=PDCA2006022

No security problems here...
    Just be sure to use WPA-AES or TKIP on any of the routers and you should be ok.