Medion laptop wifi problem - cannot see wireless networks

Thread: Medion laptop wifi problem - cannot see wireless networks

Medion laptop wifi problem - cannot see wireless networks

Dear all, I recently purchased a medion wifi enabled laptop which I just couldn't get to see the wifi netwrks in range no matter how I tried, I downloaded extra drivers, tried installing a USB wifi key (in case the wifi card was missing or hadn't been installed), but nothing worked.

I kept looking for a switch to turn on the wifi card, but Medion laptops like mine MIM 2120 - MD 95564 don't have one on the side like the Sony Vaio's I have been using.

Anyways after looking everywhere: the Medion website, various forums etc I couldn't find the info I needed anywhere, so I called their technical support line, and it seems that you have to turn this on via the keyboard using the Function keys.

By holding down the function key and pressing the F1 button (the one with the triangle with a line drawn through it 'wifi symbol' ) it turns the wifi card on and you are able to refresh the network list and see the networks available to you.

I know that this is something very simple to most of you out there, but I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who didn't know this and thought someone else might benefit.

Thanks, Tori276

Thank you for sharing that information.

Hi, this may work on some computers, but in my case I called support and they told me to download an application from their web site () called "Launch Manager" that would activate my wifi-button next to the power button.

Thanks

thanks for that, Ive been pulling what hair I have left out for the last 30min trying to work it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Tori276 View Post
    Dear all, I recently purchased a medion wifi enabled laptop which I just couldn't get to see the wifi netwrks in range no matter how I tried, I downloaded extra drivers, tried installing a USB wifi key (in case the wifi card was missing or hadn't been installed), but nothing worked.

I kept looking for a switch to turn on the wifi card, but Medion laptops like mine MIM 2120 - MD 95564 don't have one on the side like the Sony Vaio's I have been using.

Anyways after looking everywhere: the Medion website, various forums etc I couldn't find the info I needed anywhere, so I called their technical support line, and it seems that you have to turn this on via the keyboard using the Function keys.

By holding down the function key and pressing the F1 button (the one with the triangle with a line drawn through it 'wifi symbol' ) it turns the wifi card on and you are able to refresh the network list and see the networks available to you.

I know that this is something very simple to most of you out there, but I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who didn't know this and thought someone else might benefit.

Thanks, Tori276
    Try to press FN+F7 then reboot the system even uder F7 no pictogram, it will turn On/Off "airplane option" (Нажми Fn+F7(даже если на клавише F7 нету значков) затем перезагрузись - это выключит "режим в самолёте" )