Newbie> Bridge Wireless network and wired network

Thread: Newbie> Bridge Wireless network and wired network

Newbie> Bridge Wireless network and wired network

Good morning

I need to setup an ad-hoc wireless network composed of 10 laptops, and bridge this network with the company's wired local area network.

I already setup the wireless cards in the laptops, and they see a wireless network, but I can not ping the laptops in the wireless networks and still not see them in the network neighborhood.

Also, I bridge a wireless connection a with a LAN connection in one of the laptops running Windows XP, with a NIC and a wireless card, but I still can't ping or see them in the network neighborhood!

Please help me.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

Juan Araya
    Costa Rica
    josorio1@costarricense.cr

Microsoft bridging does not work on wireless adapters. I would use a access point or a third party software like winroute or wingate.

i am having a similar problem.

i am doing an ad hoc network, except my ad hoc network is running on 192.168.1.x and my wired network is running on 192.168.0.x. how can i connect these two networks, and have them all running off of internet at 192.168.0.1.

the 192.168.0.x network is already getting internet from 192.168.0.1. all computers are running winxp.

any ideas? will that winroute work?

preferrably some free software.

Since you already have a broadband router doing nat for 192.168.0.0 network all you need to do is add a static route for the 192.168.1.0 network on the router or on the windows xp machine using the route add command.

i am having a similar problem.

i am doing an ad hoc network, except my ad hoc network is running on 192.168.1.x and my wired network is running on 192.168.0.x. how can i connect these two networks, and have them all running off of internet at 192.168.0.1.

the 192.168.0.x network is already getting internet from 192.168.0.1. all computers are running winxp.

what is the add route command for winxp?

route add src dest -p (persistant)

if you are using a broadband router you should configure the static route on the router and then configure the gateway for the WLAN interface on the xp macine to be the router.

would i enter that command into start > run > cmd ?

and also, i was wondering if you knew of anyway to limit banwidth. as in, each computer gets 256 kb/s ?

thanks

Well an AD-HOC, or a peer to peer network is computer to computer network , it typically doesnt use a Lan type of infrastructure.

But what you can do is setup a wireless router and set it up as a wireless access point. The desktop will bridge the internet connection to the wireless nodes, when you config it right.

The way to bridge an ethernet lan to wireless you need to do that threew hardware.

See if Cisco has software.

MCSE 2003 server,2000 server,MCSA,MCDBA