DWL-800AP+ setup trouble/IP address

Thread: DWL-800AP+ setup trouble/IP address

Question DWL-800AP+ setup trouble/IP address

D-LINk DWL-800AP+
    the default IP is 192.168.0.30 but I can not access it. I need to know how to change the IP address. My cable internet is
    setup thru my D-LINK Router DI-614+ the IP for the router is 192.168.0.1
    The DCHP server is enabled and the range for my IP addresses is 192.168.0.100 - thru 192.168.0.199
    SO some how I need to get the DWL-800 set with that range.
    I have 3 wireless PC setup that work fine. But if connect the DWL-800 in the router is it not recognised so I can't change the IP.
    I then tried to connect the DWL-800 to an ethernet [port on on of my other PC and still it is not found.
    I not sure if I want it as an AP or repeater yet,Any help will be appreciated.
    the manual ifsvery confusing , called D-link tech support and that was useless

I was hoping maybe somehow I could connect it to the Ethernet Port on PS2 (playstation)

Welcome to the forum. Typically you need to setup the AP separate form the network. Especially if it has a IP address different from the scheme being used by your network. You need to connect the AP to a computer like you tried to do. Then open the web browser and type in the default address in the installation manual. Then the configuration screen should open up. One other thought is that the computer needs to be in the same address scheme as the AP default IP address or it might not work.
    CWNA, CWSP, K0PBX

The default address does not work no matter what I do. That is why I trying to find a way to change it before i connect.
    The default IP is 192.168.0.30
    I have done the reset , disconnected power & Have connected it direct to my router.but i still can not acccess the setup/control page that is suppose to pop-up when you type in the IP.

Have you tried resetting the AP? It will then usually default to the correct settings.
    CWNA, CWSP, K0PBX

I have a DWL-800AP+ that I need to make changes on from time to time. Hooking it directly to my laptop is hit or miss at best. The only reliable way I've found to access it is to use a paper clip to set it to defaults and hook it into a d-link router. Reset the power both the AP and the router. From there any machine on the network can access it.

If the above doesn't work for you try logging into the router when you have the AP plugged in and check your DHCP clients table. Maybe your AP is getting something other than its default IP?