Panera Problems

Thread: Panera Problems

Panera Problems

I went to panera's with my laptop (b/c I know they have wi-fi there and the best my modem gets is 28.8) and I was amazed when Windows XP poped up telling me that it had connected to the network. But when it came time to use that connection, my computer grinded to a complete halt. It continually attempted to dial up a connection (even going as far as making a "Dial Up" window for broadband) and would not connect to any websites.

Any suggestions?

Oh yea, I'm using Windows XP Pro and an integrated 802.11a/b card. The connection was made and packets were passed, but it didn't work. It is a very new laptop (under 2 weeks old) and all advice on this topic is accepted.

All this with a brand new alienware.

Thank you for your help!

Go to control panel/internet options/connections and choose never dial a connection.

Make sure your wireless interface is set for DHCP-
    Right click on My network places on the desktop/properties/pick the right one, right click/properties/ TCP client/and choose Obtain IP automatically

Try that

Thanks. I just got my wisdom teeth pulled, but I'll stop by Panera's sometime next week. I'll make sure and post something about wether it works or not when i get the chance.

Thank you for your help

Ben