Router Configuration

Thread: Router Configuration

Router Configuration

I am new at this and am having trouble setting-up the WEP configuration on my Lynksis router.
    Once I enter the passphrase and the WEP keys are generated there are 4 WEP keys. I have been loading the same 4 WEP keys into the software for my NIC.
    Should I be loading all 4 or just the 1st 1?
    I can not get the 2 NIC and the router to "talk".
    Any suggestions?
    YHANKS!!!!!!
    Aggie

Back up and bring everything back to zero.

Add the same WEP key all the way around. the first one should be the primary....

Did you generate the other three keys or does it do it for you?

Anyway go one at a time all the way around until something breaks so you know what worked last and when it stopped.

Spiderbite,
    THANKS for the reply. I've tried EVERTHING including resetting the router probably 20 times, binging the entire network(hub, 4 PC's, modem etc.) down and back up numerous times. I even swapped the router for a new one at the retailer's.
    I STILL can't get it running!!
    I don't consider myself a computer idiot, but this is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!
    Any more "words of wisdom"?
    THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
    CBB

Ok lets noodle this out a little bit:

First - does every thing work including the number 2 nic when there is no wep? If every thing works then most likely is not a bad nic.

Second - does it work with wep #1? are you typing or cutting and pasting? Maybe a typo is killing you.

third- check the config against the one that does work make sure you havent missed anything.

After that...i couldnt tell ya..

Sorry for the confusion!!
    There is NO NIC #2. That was a typo.
    I only have 1 NIC and 1 WIRELESS router.
    Soooooo, here's the "whole enchalada". I've got a Siemens hardwired router coming directly off the cable modem. Next in line is a Lynksis 4 port hub hard wired to 4 PC's. I have the hub set to "uplink" to a Lynksis wireless router.
    ALL of that works WELL until I try to setup the wireless router's encryption.
    That's when things get confusing. I know I must be something simple in the WEP setup process.
    HELP!!!!
    If it's any consolation, I said in my last post that i was not a PC idiot.
    I just built a 2.4G PC from scratch with parts from Fry's. This should be EASY!!!!!!!!!!!

ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/befw11s4_v2ug.pdf

The above link is the PDF file for the instructions. It sounds like your doing everything right....

Maybe check against this and it will hit you....