Can't see my wireless network (ssid).

Thread: Can't see my wireless network (ssid).

Can't see my wireless network (ssid).

Hi everyone!

Basically my router is working fine but I just can't see my SSID on any computer! Everything was working fine as usual. Both my laptops (Windows Vista and Mac OS X) and my iPod Touch were connecting without problems. But suddenly my computers can't see my wireless network on the list, but it can see my neighbors. But my iPod can connect fine as usual!

My Mac ONLY works if I bring it close to the router and wait for 2 minutes. Then the network shows up and I can go online. My Windows doesn't. But the weird thing about Windows is that I created a new account on there and that connects just fine. So I thought it might have something to do with the settings of the actual computer but a friend came over today and his Windows 7 laptop can't see the network either.

I've tried restarting the router, resetting to factory defaults, turned everything on and off, restarted everything, etc etc etc. Am I missing something simple here???

I looked at my Connection Configuration on my router's page but I don't know if I should play with anything without knowing what it'll do.

PPPoE: Unchecked
    Bridging: Disabled
    Concurrent Bridging/Routing: Disabled
    UPnP:Checked

Also my Wireless LAN Settings:

Enable Wireless: Checked
    Privacy: WPA-PSK
    WPA Version Allowed: WPA Version 1 and 2

I've checked that the same settings are used on my computers, but I don't understand why this is a problem. Usually any computer could find my network name and connect to it with the password. What's changed?

Thanks for all your help!

Sounds like it's toast.
    If you shut off security and it still isn't broadcasting an SSID I would lean towards Toast.
    Check if the device has newer firmware available and upgrade it. That usually forces a full memory rewrite and might bring it back to life. Don't hold your breath though.
    Allan
    VA2CBE

Yeah, I think you may be right. Just yesterday the whole thing kinda stopped working. Now it's back to working again. But it keeps coming and going. I called some people and they're coming to look at it tomorrow. Thanks for the help!