Splash page on wireless access?

Thread: Splash page on wireless access?

Splash page on wireless access?

Hi all,

Is there a way I can configure a wireless access point to redirect any clients connecting to it to a web page?

I want a welcome splash page for guests accessing the network in a small hotel. I don't want a server, I can't use a hardware based device either as a standalone device or as software running on an 'always on' PC in series before the AP. The easiest way to do it is just to have a page hidden on the hotel website to point browsers to on connect, rather than a local page somehow.

If there's a simple way, great. It may not be doable but maybe someone knows it is.

Thanks!

depends on the router. if you can load third party firmware, google COOVA

yeah it would help to now what kind of router your using. I believe this is called a landing page. If you can install dd-wrt then you can also check out coovachilli, formerly known as chillispot.

The Coova firmware is great. It allows you to use an inexpensive Linksys router and redirect customers to a landing page of your choosing. You can also set up a password login to restrict internet access to only authorized guests.

Get a dd-wrt router..for e100

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/NoCatSplash